Our Auction will be both Live and Online!!
We are excited to announce that our 2021 Auctions will be a hybrid of both in person and online! Our online bidders will be able to see and hear the in person auction and bid in real time along with those that attend in person.
Online registration will open on Wednesday August 11, 2021. The sale animals will be online starting Thursday August 12, 2021.
How do I register to bid online?
Only registered bidders over the age of 18 can participate in the online auction. To register, go to www.sheridanauctionservice.com. Select Login (if existing Sheridan client) OR Create Account if registering for the first time. Register for new account by entering your contact information, email address, desired password, etc. Please keep you user information (email address and password) in a secure place as you can use the same account login for all online auctions hosted by Sheridan Auction Services.
Why is a credit card required to bid?
A credit card is required to ensure that each of the bidders is a valid, qualified bidder. If you are a successful bidder, you will be invoiced for your lot. You will have the option of paying in cash, check or leaving it on your credit card. All lots, if not paid for within 3 days, will be charged to the credit card. A 5% processing fee will be added.
In person registration at the Shiawassee County Fair will open on:
Friday August 13 at 10 a.m. for the Large Animal Auction (swine, sheep, beef).
Saturday August 14 at 11 a.m. for the Small Animal Auction (goats, rabbits, chickens, turkeys, ducks).
General Auction Information
Our sales will offer some of the finest market animals available. The kids need your support as a buyer this year more than ever! The Auctions are the culmination of many 4-H and FFA members’ yearlong project efforts. This is the time when animals they have cared for all year are sold to the public. It is the final step in their livestock project, where the marketing education aspects come to life. This is truly the best in farm to table buying! The livestock will be sold by the head, not by the pound. The weight of each animal will be listed in the sale catalog for the buyer’s reference.
What can I do with my purchase?
- You can have it processed for your freezer. You can select from several different processors.
- If you can’t handle a whole beef or hog, you can join together with a relative, neighbor or friend and split the cost and the meat. You can each have cutting and wrapping done to your individual needs.
- If you can’t use the meat but want to help out the 4-H or FFA member, you have several options. 1) You can donate the animal back to the Hunger Network or Loaves and Fishes. The animal will be processed and distributed by these organizations to feed families in our county. 2) You can have the animal resold. The animal will be sent to a participating stockyards. The established market price of the animal multiplied by its weight will be deducted from your original purchase price.
PLEASE READ AND REVIEW THE TERMS THOROUGHLY PRIOR TO BIDDING.
IF YOU HAVE NOT READ AND UNDERSTAND THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT BID. BY BIDDING ON THIS AUCTION, BUYER AGREES TO ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH AND ENTERS INTO A CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT TO PURCHASE THE ITEMS(S) UNDER THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
General Terms of the Auction: Information is subject to change. All lots are sold as is, where is, with all faults, imperfections and errors of description. Due diligence is the responsibility of the bidder/buyer. All sales are final. No credit card charge backs will be allowed. Purchases may be removed upon receipt of payment in full. Buyers assume complete responsibility for care of each purchase at time of sale. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. All statements made prior to the sale of any item take precedence over written material and any prior verbal statements. The auction company is not responsible for accidents, thefts, errors or omissions.
1. Catalog: Sheridan Realty & Auction Co. has put forth every effort in preparing the catalog for this auction to provide accurate descriptions of all items. All property is sold as is and it is the bidder’s responsibility to determine the exact condition of each item. Printed statements or descriptions by staff are provided in good faith and are matters of opinion.
2. Buyer’s Premium & Sales Tax: Does not apply to this auction.
3. Registration: In order to better serve our customers, all bidders must provide their name, address, daytime phone number, and email address at which they can be contacted. This is to assure good communication between Sheridan Realty & Auction Co. and the bidder throughout any transactions. For online bidding, we require you to register with a credit/debit card. The card information is kept confidential and is not automatically charged when you are a successful bidder. Sheridan Realty & Auction Co. reserves the right to preclude any person from bidding if there is any question as to the person’s credentials, mental fitness, etc. Bidders agree to keep their username and password confidential as they are responsible for ANY and ALL activity involving their account. If the registered bidder’s user name is offensive to Sheridan Realty & Auction Co. or in their sole opinion detrimental to Bidding Activity, then Sheridan Realty & Auction Co. reserves the right to delete the bidder from bidding or unilaterally change the username with notification to the Bidder. When using the web site you must obey any and all local state and federal laws. Violations will result in termination of website use privileges.
4. Payments: If you are a successful bidder, you will receive an email detailing where payments can be sent. Payments can be made in the form of check, cash or credit card.
5. Animal Processing Destination: All destinations are to be scheduled when payment is made. Shiawassee County Junior Livestock has secured Bellingar Packing, Richardson Meats, Hunger Network or self-transport as processors for beef, swine and sheep.
Shiawassee County Small Animal Association has secured Munsell Poultry Processing for poultry and Richardson Meats or Bellingar Packing for goats.
6. Unpaid Balances: Successful bidder not paying for items within 3 days of the date of the auction will be considered in default. Such default by the successful bidder will result in that bidder’s liability to both the seller, Shiawassee County Junior Livestock Association and Sheridan Realty & Auction Co. Seller shall have the right to (a) declare this contractual agreement cancelled and recover full damage for its breach, (b) to elect to affirm this contractual agreement and enforce its specific performance or (c) seller can resell the items either publicly or privately with Sheridan Realty & Auction Co. and in such an event, the buyer shall be liable for payment of any deficiency realized from the second sale plus all costs, including, but not limited to the holding/transporting/storage costs of the items, the expenses of both sales, legal and incidental damages of both the seller and Sheridan Realty & Auction Co..
In addition, Sheridan Realty & Auction Co. also reserves the right to recover any damages separately from the breach of the buyer. The purchaser agrees to pay all reasonable attorney fees and costs incurred by Sheridan Realty & Auction Co. in the collection of funds. The purchaser also agrees that a storage/handling fee of 2% per month be added to the balance of any unpaid balance due Sheridan Realty & Auction Co. and any other costs or losses incurred by the buyers failure to adhere to these terms. Any debt collection or dispute proceedings will be litigated or arbitrated in Shiawassee County, Corunna Michigan at the option of both the seller, Shiawassee County Junior Livestock Association and Sheridan Realty & Auction Co.
Both the successful bidder and seller shall indemnify Sheridan Realty & Auction Co. for and hold harmless Sheridan Realty & Auction Co. from any costs, losses, liabilities, or expenses, including attorney fees resulting from Sheridan Realty & Auction Co. being named as a party to any legal action resulting from either bidders or sellers failure to fulfill any obligations and undertakings as set forth in this contractual agreement.
7. Bidder Verification: Bidding rights are provisional, and if identity verification is questionable, Sheridan Realty & Auction Co. has the right to reject the registration, and bidding activity will be terminated. The seller and Sheridan Realty & Auction Co. reserve the right to preclude any person from bidding if there is any question as to the person’s credentials, mental fitness, etc. Bidders agree to keep their username and password confidential as they are responsible for ANY and ALL activity involving their account. If the registered bidder’s user name is offensive to Sheridan Realty & Auction Co. or in their sole opinion detrimental to bidding activity, then Sheridan Realty & Auction Co. reserves the right to delete the bidder from bidding or unilaterally change the username with notification to the bidder. When using the web site you must obey any and all local state and federal laws. Violations will result in termination of web site use privileges.
8. Maximum Bid: When you bid your maximum bid, the current bid price does not automatically advance to your maximum bid. Another bidder has to bid to increase the current price and the computer will automatically bid up to your maximum in the increments specified.
9. Live/Online Competitive Bidding: This auction will feature an online component for bidders to place online bids during the live sale if they decide they would not like to be in person. Online bidders will be bidding against both in person live bidders and other online bidders. There will be audio available once the auction starts. Winning online bidders will receive an invoice via email once the sale is completed.
10. Technical Issues: In the event there are technical difficulties related to the server, software, internet or any other online auction-related technologies, Sheridan Realty & Auction Co. reserves the right to extend bidding, continue the bidding or close the bidding. Neither the company providing the software, nor Sheridan Realty & Auction Co., shall be held responsible for the failure of the software, internet or other technologies to function properly for any reason.
Your bid on this auction indicates both an understanding and an acceptance of the terms of this contractual agreement between yourself and both Sheridan Realty & Auction Co. and the seller and that you, as the bidder, are prepared to purchase items under these terms and conditions.
Sheridan Realty & Auction Co.
1007 S Washington St
Owosso, MI 48867